Re: [MV] MB Governor

From: Antoine (antoine@usa.net)
Date: Tue Sep 12 2000 - 23:52:48 PDT

Not sure of my memory here, but Renaud might be able to correct me: I
seem to remember that the French Army had managed to govern the speed
onits Jeeps, but I am not sure if it was for M201's Hotchkiss and/or
US Surplus ERM-rebuilt stock as well... The French replaced the
original Carter carbs by a more frugal Solex M32 PBIC "economy" and
that was a governor in itself.. Anyone cares to elaborate? If this is
correct that one could assume that some of these vehicles made their
way to private hands, even beyond European borders... Some European
Jeep parts dealer still sell the Solex carburetors for Jeep owners
weary of stopping at the pump too often and paying 4 bucks for a
gallon of "ordinaire"...
Antoine