HR 4208

From: RoughDoc@aol.com
Date: Wed Sep 13 2000 - 16:36:33 PDT

GREAT NEWS!

When Congress was out of session, I went to talk (face to face) with my
Congressman, Robin Hayes (Republican, 8th District, NC). I talked with him
about this bill, and shared most of the concerns that I picked up from this
newsgroup.

Robin sits on the House Armed Services Committee, so I figured that if I
could convince him, we might be able to kill the dangerous parts of the bill.

Well, it worked! I just got off the phone with him. The bill came up today.
 Section 361 has been eliminated, gutted, destroyed, whatever!

I'm convinced that the letters that people sent, the faxes, and the
involvement of lots of folks caused this to happen, not just me, but it
didn't hurt that Robin has a tight race for reelection, and my county is
critical to his success!

Doc

<A HREF="Chairman@CumberlandGOP.org">Chairman@CumberlandGOP.org</A>

Visit Us on the WEB! <A HREF="www.CumberlandGOP.org">www.CumberlandGOP.org</A