Re: [MV] M151 - Fruehauf Body

From: chance wolf (timberwolf@lynx.bc.ca)
Date: Thu Sep 14 2000 - 21:06:44 PDT

At 09:21 PM 9/13/00 -0400, Henry Fackovec wrote:
>If it has only one vent, it is post Dec 1960, I do not think that there were
>any contracts during '61 (Ken, jump in anytime to prevent me from putting my
>fun in my mouth<g>), So I figure you cound safely say it is a '62 or later.
>
>Some of the other points to look at are:
>How many locking tabs are on the batttery cover?
>What seats does it have in the ft? (Slide lock or screw adjust?)
>Does the rear seat have the footman loops welded underneath for holding the
>top?
>
>Does your body (The Jeeps, not yours actull;y) have crushing damage along
>the dash board??

Strange you should mention the crushing. I had one of those early ones too
(Ford 2D-1753) with the screw seats, hardtop, arcticization up the wazoo,
and, strangely enough, the crushing damage on the dashboard. If this type
of damage has shown up on other early units you're aware of, pray tell
what is the cause?

Andy Hill
MVPA 9211
Vancouver, B.C.