Crushing Damage on Early M151 Bodys

From: Henry J. Fackovec (fackovec@radiotech.com)
Date: Sat Sep 16 2000 - 09:01:08 PDT

Hey All:

It seems that every one on the list who has had a early M151 has experianced
the same type of crushing damage on the dash board as I found on one of
mine.

I attribuate it to being stacked, generally with a forklift. The ones that
I know of (Where one of mine came from were just stripped bodies that were
aucioned as scrap metal out of Westover AFB DRMO in MASS. and were not
treated nicely.

I know the other large cashe of early M151s was Sam Werner's in TN. He
soposedly had them stacked like cord wood. I spoke to him about a year ago,
and he sent all of the remaining ones to the screader.

 Any other info/stories/conjecture along these lines?

Hank