Re: [MV] Dummy Guns (was M-38 props)

From: paul vandervort (pgv@imaxx.net)
Date: Thu Sep 21 2000 - 10:49:29 PDT

Antoine wrote:

> I agree that the temptation to touch weapons is just too strong for rally
> goers and the public at large. Even dummy SMG's need to be bolted down so
> that they stay whre they are supposed to. Some of us, riding Harleys with
> "garnished" leather scabbards bolt a threaded rod through the barrel and
> through the leather drainage hole and the bracket drainage hole. Invisible,
> and quite a surprise for the guy who will casually try to yank the Thompson
> out and walk away with it...
> Antoine

Here, Here! I had my WLA at our local chapt's rally 2 weeks ago and I was
amazed at how many people have the utmost disrespect for one's property. There
were quite a few spectators who just helped themselves to yanking my dummy
thompson right out of the scabbard! I would NEVER think of doing something like
that without asking the owner first. The bottom mounted hardware sounds pretty
good, at least until someone yanks a little to hard and pulls the bike over.

            Years ago I used to run around with my live Carbine in my M38, but
nowadays with all the bleeding heart do-gooders I will only display dummies.
Better to take a chance with a dummy, that to have a live weapon walked off with
and have the liability of what they're gonna do with it.

Paul Vandervort
MVPA 437