My wife...the saint.

From: Timothy Smith (timothy.smith1@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Thu Sep 21 2000 - 21:20:49 PDT

Hi list,
Did a little work on the Scout this evening. I tore down the remaining
front brake assembly and got the parts into the parts washer. I took the
other parts out of the washer and found the roller bearings from the left
front hub had pitted in several places, so they've gotta be replaced.
Removing the races from the hubs was the easiest way to prep them for
sandblasting anyway, so no problemo!
I've been meaning to try something for a long time now and tonight was the
night. The brake backing plate was gummed up with grease and sand and
whatnot, really a bloody mess and of course, sandblasting greasy parts just
don't work! So, I low-crawled into Amy's kitchen and pilfered an aerosol
can of oven cleaner from beneath the sink. I stuffed the can into the
waistband of my jeans and camoflaged the rather studly looking bulge by
covering it with my tee shirt when I decided that low-crawling into AND out
of the kitchen was not for a guy my age. I made like I was getting
something out of the refrigerator when Amy had me cornered (a blueberry
YOGURT jumped into my hand of all things!) and I beat a hasty retreat to my
work area, disposing of the yogurt along the way. Sprayed the part with
oven cleaner and let her sit for 5 minutes, then couldn't wait any longer so
I jumped in with a small toothbrush sized wirebrush. Of course Amy came out
to see just what the hell I was doing to my Scout car with blueberry yogurt!
CAUGHT RED HANDED! Amy just smiled a knowing smile, produced a spoon and
the yogurt I had dumped into the trash can in the garage and between bites
asked how the oven cleaner she had bought for me was working. Well, it
worked great....so great I may never but another spray can of degreaser! I
may just have to paint my wife's name on the side of the Scout car, though.
:-)
Keep em rollin!
TJ