JEEPs INFO NEEDED '42MB to '46CJ's

From: Rob Pearson (aussierob@odyssey.net)
Date: Sat Sep 23 2000 - 14:31:54 PDT

It was 5am Sat morning when I wrote this and first tried to POST!
I've got a bird on my shoulder and a snoozy cat at my feet, a nice cup of
English breakfast tea with toast 'n marmalade...
and a few questions re two jeeps I just bought for $100 the pair.
(by the way... I've also got a lovely warm body in my bed, however, she
preffers to sleep, in on this rainy Saturday. I tried to rouse her earlier,
she told me to go play with the jeeps or she'd kick me in the "O" ring. Now
let me tell you, when she's half asleep like that, she posses and absolutely
terrible aim ! There's no telling where that kick might land! )

Ok, I have a total of 4 jeeps... all are Willys

RE jeep # 3 & # 4
The previous owner said he thought they were a '42 & '43 both are in bad
shape with lotsa rust.
However, they're complete with bows and door frames.
No canvas though!
Both are still on the tires but in heavy brush/growth. Engines still turn
over by hand...!

I've been a jeeplover since I was a kid, and this year purchased a tired but
running '42 MB (jeep #1) which is now on the road...

Also, jeep #2 is (I'm told) a
'46 CJ with the rear tailgate. So far, only the engine is rebuilt in it.
This '46 has a one piece front windscreen with rounded corners... I'm
confused, Question 1
is it really a '46 or later....
Is that date correct for this CJ ??? (data plates are missing)
What should I look for???

Question 2
Both of my latest purchases are also CJ's (jeeps #3 & #4)
Both have the... "two piece split" windscreen/windshield, with hand crank
wiper blades?
Therfore, they must be earlier than the (jeep #2) previous CJ '46
description above in
Q 1. Info needed, on what to look for!!!

Question 3
Did Willys make these CJ's (jeep #3 & #4) during the war as they appear to
be totally original.
The previous owner said he thought they were '42 & '43 However, he is quite
old and farting ! (phew)

Finally, all 4 jeeps are flatheads and the 3 CJ's have the larger
headlights/rims
Any info? ...then post or e'me aussierob@odyssey.net

(after this dribble, I need more tea 'n toast... the bird has dumped on my
shoulder and the cat has decided he doesn't eat toast, so I gave him the
boot? out into the rain to find a wet mouse! )

Thanks,
Rob P. (moved here from Sydney, Australia in 1977)
Now living in, Little York, NY (Upstate, NY area)