Re: [MV] Fw: Fw: URGENT (FRAUD)

From: LEEnCALIF@aol.com
Date: Sun Sep 24 2000 - 10:04:53 PDT

Okay... here we go again. A fraud letter sent by a well intended person.

But it should never have happened, because this is NOT what the mil-veh net
was set up for and I am sure Arthur Kyle, our host, will not be pleased.
But, that is not my problem. I'm just offering up a solution for such
e-mails before you send them.

FRAUD CLUE:

1. There is no technology that exists today that can track and count
multiple copies of forwarded e-mail. I'm surprised more people wouldn't know
this.

2. Any letter that asks you to "forward immediately" should be suspect as a
scam.

3. If you want to check the validity of such e-mail ... all you have to do
is go to URBAN LEGENDS at http://www.snopes.com/. It's all there.