WW2 Jeeps in post-war service with the Greek Army

From: Tim (tcb@hasher.demon.co.uk)
Date: Mon Sep 25 2000 - 03:00:32 PDT

Hi list

MY GPW was one used post WW2 by the Greek army. When I got it it was missing
the rear panel, had had its rear shocks relocated and I am told had been
fitted by the Greeks with a Recoiless gun - possibly 105mm.

Does any have any further technical details / photos / historical info about
WW2 Jeeps in service with the Greek army.

Ideally I like to know when they started service and ended service, what
modifications were made and what armaments were carried, were all vehicles
supplied to the greek army ex-british army, and does anyone have any nice
clear photos of them.

Whilst i've always concentrated on my vehicle's WW2 history, it would be
nice to have a bit of info about the rest of its career with the military.

Any other info would also be useful.

Hopefully not too tall an order.

Many thanks for any assistance.

Tim