Jeep Bumper Weight

From: DENGOP@aol.com
Date: Wed Sep 27 2000 - 18:08:46 PDT

  Evening All,
I just came across a WWII parts jeep which I'll bring tomorrow. I haven't
seen it yet, but my paint and body man has and $50.00 isn't too much to pay.
It had a bumper weight on it that weighted 200 to 300 lbs. My buddy did bring
that to my house. It was made to fit inside the back of the front bumper and
across the frame on both sides. It fit flush up against the front of the
grill. It is held in place by two bolts in the bumper and a bolt in each side
of the frame. I haven't found any markings yet. The weight also has a hole
for the engine crank to fit thru. The old owner is a vet. and said he saw one
before on a Tug Jeep the Army Air Corp. was using to pull planes around.
Anybody know about this very heavy weight? Is It Military or just a farm
weight.
    Thanks for any help. Still looking for info on jeeps painted tan at
the factory(DOD 23DEC.1941)
                      Dennis Goins in Nashville
                      MVPA#19430