Servicing Oil Bath Air Filter on Weasel

From: RKiser8375@aol.com
Date: Wed Sep 27 2000 - 21:36:01 PDT

I don't have the manuals for my weasels yet. Russ Morgan has generously
offered to bring them to my house on Sunday, but that is 4 days from now.
In the meantime, I wanted to service the oil bath air filter. I removed
the entire assembly (it wasn't even hooked to the carburator - hose
disintegrated long ago) from the weasel. Then, I removed the bottom
oil filter tray and drained the oil from it and poured it into an EPA
approved location. I dug about 1/2 inch of sludge out of the bottom of
this tray and cleaned it with gas. Writing on the oil filter seems to
indicate that the air filter element can also be removed and cleaned
with gas. However, after backing out the wingnut (that I assume is securing
the air filter element into the oil bath air filter assembly) as far as it
wants to go, I am still not able to remove the air filter element.
Am I missing something, or do I just need a bigger hammer?

Rob Kiser