Re: [MV] Weasel Mania

From: Daniel Terp (dterp@tallcity.com)
Date: Wed Sep 27 2000 - 16:33:50 PDT

On Tue, 26 Sep 2000 01:09:55 -0700, you wrote:
>>I don't know anything about the SUSV, except it is a small-ish tracked
>>vehicle with matching trailer that is intended for cold-weather use.

The American SUSV is the same as the Swedish Volvo Bv206, which is
known as a Snowcat in Canada and England and as the Hagglund in
Sweden.

They are excellent in snow and soft surfaces like mud and sand, and
have some limited amphibious capability. (they can cross streams but
make a terrible boat). No armor but can carry light weapons.

For more info and a pic see:
http://4wd.sofcom.com/Mil/Hagglund/Hagglund.html

I've heard that parts are available through Volvo but ridiculously
expensive. It's often cheaper to buy a new vehicle than replace parts
like tracks or drive units.