RE: [MV] UNCLAS//12-6A//EXPORT OF GEN III NV DEVICES

From: Rayfield, Robert S Jr Mr DUSA-IA/ANTEON (RayfieldRS@hqda.army.mil)
Date: Thu Sep 28 2000 - 13:48:42 PDT

Bob,
No offense - I am a servant of the people and a defender of the
Constitution; I did not have time for this today, but in that spirit where I
can help, I try to. There are some severe misconceptions about what can and
can not be done, what is the right way or the wrong way. Some of the
flippant comments on these threads are enough to make some take note,
especially those that monitor this and want to portray us (hist mel veh
collectors) as crackpots always trying to get one over on the USG - this is
why reps like Floyd Spence can get talked into doing what he did on that
HR-4205....got to stop that kind of thinking and action.