Camp Atturbury Battle (Indiana)

From: Jon Shoop (shoop19@brick.net)
Date: Sun Oct 01 2000 - 20:01:36 PDT

Just got back...over 500 attendees. Wonderful weather, good friends,
machine guns, Armor and MVs everywhere...what more can you ask for.

Notables.......

Doug Kiesler's Hetzer will be down for a while...locked up the engine,
possible rod! It was towed in. His M24 Chaffee, fared much better running
and looking great, as usual.

Doug Kiesler's M5 Stuart lost an engine, but limped in on one.

The Stuart M5 I crewed, never got off the starting line...fresh from
rebuild, engine trouble kept our crew for 2 days, attempting to get into
the battle, to no avail. Suspect defective distributor and fuel related
problems, and a bad freeze plug.

Tim Garrett's fresh GMC shortbed ran perfectly and looked great, having
just been imported a couple of years ago from the Netherlands and
undergoing a cosmetic going over.

Operation Market Garden was the theme this year. Hope next year to field a
platoon of Stuarts .

Jon