Humvee Parts Needed and Questions

From: Tony Castagno (tcastagno@careerstream.com)
Date: Mon Oct 02 2000 - 05:05:42 PDT

Hello List,

I'm prepping my HMMWV for painting, and had a few questions.

1) What is a good mix starting point of thinner for the Gillespie paints?
What thinner should I use (Xylene?)
2) Looking for 2 rearset softdoor hinges and latches (4 hinges, 2 latches)
Anyone have any?
3) I think I saw a complete "Carpet" kit for the HMMWV at one of the shows
(Aberdeen?)... anyone have one? And price?
4) Is anybody making the stencil kits for the HMMWV yet? I've got some
stencils but my fonts are not exactly right.
   (The vehicle has 1/2 inch, 1 inch and 2 inch markings on it (Marine
Corps))
5) An endorsement for using oven cleaner to get the numbers off.... I wet
sanded one side to get the original vehicle numbers
    and then tried the other side with oven cleaner. The oven cleaner
worked perfectly and much better than wet sanding.
6) Does anybody have the rear cargo top kit that integrates with the 4 man
soft top? price?
7) Looking for some fuel filters for my M35A2, price?

Thanks,
Tony Castagno