Re: [MV] Morris Minor

From: Demonware Restorations (INDYN@xtra.co.nz)
Date: Tue Oct 03 2000 - 01:58:09 PDT

Folks,

> > This version of the Minor has appliqué wood on the outside which I
cannot
> > remember if its in any way structural or not, the vehicle would be as
> > standard domestic build except for painting in gloss DBG inside and out.
>
> Wood IS structural, and bad case of rot will fail MOT.

My apologies, yes the wooden framework is structural. Over here in New
Zealand we have 'Travellers' with stick-on fake wood paneling that is
applied (applique) between the framework. I guess the accent didn't quite
come out as expected. I was indeed under the cloud that the applique was
being described. But hey accents are one thing that Bill Gates is still
working on...

Thanks to all for the info. I think I have enough to get the project
underway now.

Adam North
RNZAF Police Ret.
Demonware Restorations