3/4 ton military trailer 1939 issue - info needed

From: MVTrucker@aol.com
Date: Tue Oct 03 2000 - 04:08:45 PDT

List,
I received the following request. Since I'm not familiar with this
type of trailer, I offered to post the letter. Kindly respond to
Lance at: WHEELANCE@aol.com or to the List.
Thanks,
Joe Young

  Joe, I just acquired 3/4 ton army trailer dated 1939, manufactured by the
Gear Co. issued to the Quartermaster on April 1939. U.S.A number is 02055.
The serial # is 358. I cannot find any information on the trailer in my
books that I own. Hoping that you may be able to help or suggest where I
can find more info on this trailer. The info came directly from the plate.
                     Thank you for what ever information you may provide,
Lance Wheeler USN[RETIRED] wheelance@aol.com