Re: [MV]RAC rating (was Morris Minor)

From: Raimondo L. Torelli (thealamo@iigbna.iigb.na.cnr.it)
Date: Tue Oct 03 2000 - 05:36:20 PDT

At 00.48 03/10/00 +0100, RICHARD wrote:

       ... snip ...

>...the govt system of taxing the vehicle on RAC engine horsepower gave you an
>overhead of typically 1 months average pay on the smallest car as a
>repeating annual road tax charge for your licence disc. ay 1 pound per
annum for each RAC rated HP of the engine.
        ... snip ...
>Now we've been here before, if you look at the Ford CMP manual you find your
>90HP V8 flathead is also defined as 32HP RAC Rating for taxation, I know
>this confuses the hell out of our New World chums.

>Richard
>Southampton - England

Oct 3 2000

Richard!
it is the same here!!! Our engines do have two different horse power
ratings on the documents: one is the effective power of the engine... the
other one is the "Govt" power... (for road taxing!).
I would like to know... if it is the Brit Govt who copied our system... or
if our Govt copied the Brit system... or it is just the E.U. (European
Community)?...

Please, give my best regards to Dave "Polsten", I have not forgotten his
request at Beltring and I am working on it.

Best rergards,

Raimondo - MVPA 15878 & IMPS 2320

(Need for presents or collection Decorative Ceramics? For the best,
handmade, original, Italian Ceramics of Capodimonte, please check here:
http://www.ceramicofnaples.it)