M38A1 T-case whine question

From: mark fisher (fishmeok@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Thu Aug 24 2000 - 14:30:44 PDT

Ok, here's a weird one-
last night I changed the fluids in my jeep, engine, tcase, trans. and when I
took it out for a leak check the T-case started to whine (almost a constant
chirping sound) in 2nd and above, when under load only (no noise when I
coast)(it also kind of fades in and out in a 4 sec. cycle at 40 mph) The
nose does not occur in 4WD hi or low, and the only thing I did is drain and
refill the case- it's full to the filler hole, I double checked.
Did I violate my jeeps karma by changing the fluids- or does anybody have a
better suggestion for a solution?
Thanks Y'all
Mark