FS: M1009 CUCV

From: Clarke Ferber (hk91@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Tue Oct 03 2000 - 12:49:52 PDT

It's got to sell soon. Final posting to the Mil-Veh list before I try and
sell to the Civvie market. You won't find another CUCV that's had a much
work and money put into it for the price.

Details:

I've got a 1984 ex-military CUCV (Full Size Blazer) 4x4 for sale. It's
considered a 3/4 ton truck and was built in 1984. Less than 51K miles. It's
all complete with lots of time and money into fixing all the little niggly
thing that are wrong with these trucks as they come from DRMO.

Less than 51000 miles on it
4x4 with manual locking hubs
6.2 NA Diesel motor w/ HD intake (J Vin)
15-18 MPG around town, 13-15 MPG Highway
Motor runs strong and starts right up.
CARC 383 Olive Drab w/ hand-painted camo
3.73 gears with Posi-track in the rear (gov lock?)
Converted to 12V but all 24V parts still available except starter
In-dash aftermarket A/C (brand new!)
New tinted windows
New front windsheild
Spray-in bedliner through-out bed and flooring.
New U-joints through-out
All new fluids
New brakes (new calipers/piston/pads up front, new drums/pads rear)
New HD starter
New steering box
New tires (5 33x12.5x15 Bridgestone A/T's) 4000 miles ago (7/8 tread remaining)
Two CB antenna's (not currently mounted)
No rust, great body with some scratches
5'x5'x4" roof rack w/ spare tire mount (see pictures)
Swing out tire/fuel can carrier
Military Repair/Tech manuals on CD-ROM and Chiltons.manual
WARN Premium hubs (extra - not installed)
Passed smog last fall easily
Front and rear Class IV Hitch's
Trailer light recepticle

Everything works on this puppy - there is very little work that needs to be
done.

Net, net, I've got over $7000 in repairs and additions alone into the truck
- not including what I paid for it. I've got the receipts to prove the work
that's been done. It's a great truck and which need to move it soon.

There is more new and replaced stuff which I haven't listed. About the only
thing that I haven't done is replace all the front-end spring bushings with
new ones and kill a small drip from the tranny (very small - spots on
garage floor - not puddles).

It's an awesome truck and will go just about anywhere I've been willing to
take it. I've bought a more current truck - now that I've put so much money
into upgrading this one. If you have been looking for a CUCV where most of
the work has been done already - here's your truck.

$6500 or _best offer_. I've put over $7000 into it since buying it last
year so there is very little that needs to be done aside from what's
mentioned above. Multi-mount winch shown in some of the pictures not
included (already sold). Included is some 383 CARC OD Green in spray cans
and two gallons of Gillespie Desert Sand (Tan) which I had intended to
repaint the truck in.

You could drive this truck cross-country today - it's that reliable. I did
1/2 the country when I bought it. Arrangements can be made for shipping the
truck to you. The truck is located in Phoenix, AZ.

-Clarke

Pictures at:

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1190952&a=8773382

"Natural Laws have no Pity."
        -Robert A. Heinlein
PGP Key available: send mail with the subject: pgp-key-request