Reverse Charged Battery

From: RKiser8375@aol.com
Date: Tue Oct 03 2000 - 16:22:17 PDT

OK. My weasel was running fine. Obviously, something had to be done.
First, I removed my 12volt battery from the weasel. Then, drained fluids and
refilled the engine, transmission, and rear diff. Reinstalled the battery.
Hit
the starter. Nothing. Zilch. Nada. Tried to charge the battery. Didn't
seem
to charge. I took the battery to Checkers Auto Parts. They checked the
voltage across the battery. It was negative 7 volts. Hooked the cables
to it to charge it. Red cable to + terminal. Black cable to the - terminal.
Negative voltage. Has anyone ever heard of this? How could this be?

Rob Kiser