Needed Scout car parts

From: Timothy Smith (timothy.smith1@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Thu Oct 05 2000 - 11:04:41 PDT

Hi list.
The next stage of the Scout Car will require a few parts that I do not have.
I am looking to obtain ASAP:

Aft floor-support crossmember - this crossmember actually sits across and on
top of the frame rails and supports the floorplate in the crew compartment
and the central crew footwell. It is located just aft of the rear axle.
This is NOT the crossmember that supports the radio mast, but the one just
behind it. I believe it is three pieces; a central component and two
gussets that support it. The gussets connect to the sides of the frame
rails. I am prepared to reproduce this part but an original would be
preferable.

Also needed but not ASAP:
Crew compartment floorplates
Crew compartment corner footwells
Stowage boxes (these large metal boxes are located over (concealing) the
rear fenderwells (*not a high priority.)
Rear inner fenders
Rear Armor (all 5 panels) and substructures that support and/or join them
Any additional body components aft of the driver's compartment
Skate rail

If you have any of these items and they are in presentable condition or at
least do not require a heroic effort to make them presentable please let me
know. Heavily rust pitted, severely bent or torched items will not be
considered. I am prepared to reproduce the rear armor and many of the other
parts so my back is not against the wall on most of this stuff. Original
items are always preferable.

Fellow Scouties.....HEADS UP!
If it becomes necessary for me to have reproduction parts made, they will be
on a computer CAD system at the company I do business with. This being the
case, having a particular piece produced at any time would just be a phone
call away. I really don't want to go into the repro parts business but I'm
sure others out there are missing many of the same parts that I am and this
would be an opportunity to nip that in the bud. I am aware that Al Steifel
and Mike Scholer are providing some high quality reproduction parts for
Scouts but shipping costs are always a BIG factor and these fellows are on
opposite ends of the country.....that leaves me in the middle. Parts that I
have reproduced will of course be checked for proper fit and appearance
(they are going on my Scout after all!) Any comments or suggestions would
be greatly appreciated.

Oh, and remember guys, if I had a lot of money I wouldn't be doing most of
this work by myself....so if you have something to sell, go easy on me.

Regards,
TJ