US X8

From: buka (buka@wxs.nl)
Date: Thu Oct 05 2000 - 09:49:42 PDT

Hi MV-listers,

I am still looking for info on the following item:

A generator in a large wooden olive drab box. On top of the box is a little
tag which says:

US Navy for X8
Case CS-98-AX8
Ser. No. 2010 9 (anchor)5
Order No nobs18867
Jacobsen MFG.CO
Racine Wis.USA

The generator itself is covered with an OD canvas cover which has "US Navy
for X8" stamped on it. On the generator is a tag which says "Model A-5
generator". I believe I read the set could produce 24 Volts.

Can any of you help me with info on this item? For example: was it used on
military vehicles? What period could this date from? What was it used for?
etc.

I want to save this item from being scrapped!

Greetings Dennis Buijs
White Star website
http://home.planet.nl/~whitestar