Quonset Hut 17 x 57 foot moved

From: Richard (rvanhoo@attglobal.net)
Date: Fri Oct 06 2000 - 12:28:47 PDT

Well, we moved it to target 200 yards and 90 degree turn away.

We got 10 -- 4x8 20 foot treated beams and 2 --60 foot long steel 12" H
beams, welded in cross pieces of heavy flange at each end, put the wood
beams at judicious places under the hut and 90 degrees to the steel sled
runners . Hooked a choker cable via clevises to holes cut in web of beams,
hooked it to our M60 A3 tank and away we went. We used a few pieces of 2
inch steel pipe under the beams at appropriate places to get it up out of
its hole. Now we are experts and for 2 huts saved $20,000...our time be
equated to continuing education tuition. Thanks again to you all who
offered advice. Richard