Re: [MV] Musings

From: Eugene PANTANO (snoshu@market1.com)
Date: Fri Oct 06 2000 - 14:48:51 PDT

During the late 40's and early 50's Jeeps could indeed be bought for
$10........the catch was, they were in lots of 10..that meant $100 for a lot
of 10...and some were in the crates..!!! My neighbors bought them from Fort
Wadsworth just after WW2...I drove a GPW that had been assembled from the
crate at a Texaco gas station on the corner of Hylan Blvd and Lincoln Ave.
The man who ran the station ( I worked there for about a year) and a bunch
of his hunting buddies bought one of these lots...I will never forget the
"new" condition of that GPW...1SG PANTANO