Beware! Even basic M37 body parts are not always interchangable.

From: Enterprise B&B/Cayman Islands, BWI (Enterprise@earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Oct 09 2000 - 07:16:32 PDT

I made the mistake (one of many in this project) of thinking something so
simple as a gas pedal for my M37 would be the same on all models. I have a
'65 USMC model and ordered and received a gas pedal. Guess what? No fit.
The one I received is about 8.5" long while what needs to go there is about
11" or so. What's there now is a piece of plexiglass roughly cut to the
shape of a gas pedal. And "no", there do not seem to be any modifications
for a longer pedal.

I have learned to now specify year and even USMC when looking for parts of
my M37.

Of course this isn't near as bad as my 16" vs. 20" rims fiasco. Still
working on getting myself out of the hole on that one. I now have 4 rims
(16") w/three of them in one place (paid for including shipping) and one at
my home.

Live and learn.

David