......The ID info.

From: Jim Gilmore (jgilmore@oeonline.com)
Date: Mon Oct 09 2000 - 20:38:31 PDT

Posted previously.....
>....Reo built the first ones in 1952. M35's only.

     They also built M-34's

>Studebaker built them from 1953 to 1964 approx. M35's & M35A1's
>Curtis-wright built also in that era, i never found out when exactly.

      Curtis-Wright was Studebaker. Actually, it was
Studebaker-Worthington at the time.

>Kaiser built them from 1964 to 1970. M35A1's & M35A2's
>A.M. General built them from the fall of 1970 to the end
>a interesting note Reo was bought by Studebaker which was bought by
>Kaiser which was bought by A.M.C. which A.M.General was a division of.
>when A.M.C. went under A.M. General split off and became its own company

      I think it went more like this, Studebaker merged with Packard then
with Nash and Hudson to make American Motors Corp. (AMC). Kaiser merged
with Willys, then AMC took over both. AMC later merged (was taken over)
with Renault and they then sold off AM General to produce badly needed cash
as AM General was the only thing in the AMC line up that was making money.
Then Chrysler Corp. bought Jeep from AMC/Renault and the AMC line was left
to die.

BTW......REO stands for Ransom E. Olds.

                   Jim

James T. Gilmore