M9 Tractor

From: John Hutterer (john.hutterer@deltec.com)
Date: Tue Oct 10 2000 - 06:06:46 PDT

List,

I was talking to another Museum member last night and we got onto the
subject of the M9 High Speed Tractor, ACE (Armored Combat Earthmover). We
both thought that it might be an interesting addition to the Museum, but
neither of us know much about them. Anybody have any idea how common they
were/are? Who used them? When were they used? Are they still in use? How
many were made? Were they successful in their intended role? What is their
availability? You know, the usual questions that would be asked by someone
who doesn't know what he's talking about :).

Thanks in advance,

John

John Hutterer
Sen. Eng. Lab. Tech.