Re: [MV] www.wiggys.com

From: Antoine (antoine@usa.net)
Date: Wed Oct 11 2000 - 01:50:13 PDT

Sorry Pal, I can read this:
quote:
I had the "exciting" thrill of waking up at 10,500 feet shortly after
getting to sleep, with that typical "suffocating" sensation because I
had closed the bivi zipper, leaving only a few inches open.
That was when I learned just how "un-breathable" Gortex was under
those conditions. Until then, I had simply "assumed" because the bivi
bag could be closed against the weather, it was safe to do so, and the
fabric would allow adequate CO2 and O2 exchange. To my knowledge, the
manufacturer did not advise against closing the bivi completely. It's
about time someone got the word out concerning this very real hazard.
Dave Nicholson
unquote..
Is a bivy bag supposed to enclose the body completely from head to
toe? I don't think so!
end of story, and end of the thread, hopefully...
My apologies, Arthur..
Antoine