CUCV Generator problems

From: M2116X6@aol.com
Date: Wed Oct 11 2000 - 07:48:33 PDT

A while back someone posted info on the difference between the two generators
used on the CUCV's. I've been searching the archives but can't seem to find
it. Can anyone point me to that posting?

My M1009 has not been charging the front battery since I bought it a few
months ago. With less daylight now I'm draining the battery too often using
the headlights. The bulb for gen #1 on the dash is good but does not come on.
Gen #2 bulb works fine. My wiring matches the diagrams in the manual.
Batteries are brand new 6TL's. Both generators check out fine however on
generator #1, I have 12 volts on the stud that is supposed to be ground. I
checked gen #2 and that is the same but has the battery cable on that
terminal. It looks like I have a wrong generator #1 on this. The manual calls
for two generators with the same part number but gen #1 should have an
isolated ground terminal.

Any help is appreciated.

Jim