Vehicle storage and gasoline

From: Kelly, Robert (Robert_Kelly@FCEINC.COM)
Date: Wed Oct 11 2000 - 10:16:51 PDT

Hi,

I was just thinking about storage issues for my GPW, as it will likely be
sitting for a little while this winter.

Good/Bad/indifferent to jacking it up and supporting the vehicle with jack
stands on the frame to relieve tension on wheels and springs?

Should I burn off all the gas in my tank or fill it up and add some gasoline
preservative? If good to use a preservative, what works and is generally
available at your friendly neighborhood parts store, as opposed to some mail
order stuff?

Any battery issues? Remove and set aside? Change oil now or wait till
beginning of next season?

Any other ideas about storing the vehicle so that it will look and run just
as good as it does right now? The vehicle is garaged.

Your thoughts and input are always appreciated.

Thanks,

Bob K.

'42 GPW