Re: [MV] CUCV speedo(not the bathing suit) and alt. question

From: Robert Barber (rbarber41@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Oct 12 2000 - 07:31:37 PDT

Chris

   I prefer white grease over motor oil as a lube. I find its
  less subseptable to temp changes .. On removing the cable,
  some cables have a washer between the square drive tang and the
  cable that holds it in place.. So if the cable dosen't come out
  of the housing easily from the speeo side, then check the
  connection at the trans..

  If its there, its suposto be on the speed side of the cable but
  sometimes some people put it in from the underside and if thats
  the case you will break the cable trying to remove it from top
  side ..

                                    Bob B