Re: [MV] Overseas shipping- I got screwed! A warning...

From: Tim (tcb@hasher.demon.co.uk)
Date: Thu Oct 12 2000 - 20:36:40 PDT

Hi

I've considered sending freight to Australia from the UK - good lesson never
say die...

First place I tried - 500 GBP for a 124 KG package.... got it down to 120
GBP... sent via a Domestic Removal Company who price by volume rather than
weight... and put your goods into a container shared with other customers
goods... not a great if you are in a hurry - generally takes 3 months... but
considering it costs 160 GBP to send the same item 100 miles drive across
England by courier.... on a same day transit... seems like a good price to
me...

Regards

Tim