MUTT 1984 or 1985?

From: Anith@wfp.org
Date: Sun Oct 15 2000 - 11:45:05 PDT

Hello List,

My initial message (1984 MUTT)sent to mil-veh@skylee evoked a good response
from Julian and other Mutt experts. The issues that I raised then about my
MUTT body ignited a very long debate (MUTT body...) in different forms!

Please Julian, respond to my below message that I sent to the list FOUR
times but never got posted. Input from Ken, Gavin and other MUTT experts
would be welcome too.

My original message:

Julian, in March 2000, I had provided you with the vehicle serial number,
engine number and the contract number of my MUTT and had requested you to
help me ascertain the year of manufacture.

I am posting your message dated 15 March 2000 that was in response to my
request:

M-151A2's in Sudan
From: Julian Burke (julianb@esper.com) Date: Wed Mar 15 2000 - 06:47:48 PST

Hello all, I talked with my friend at AMG and in the last 1200 or so
M-151A2's that were produced in South Bend, IN., 46 of these units were
sold to the Sudanese Gov't with a "gov't furnished" engine. No serial
numbers immediately available. As far as AMG knows, every single A2 jeep
that they ever produced were ALL using the the Hercules engine. NO other
engines were used. The last 1200 were all delivered in 1984 and ALL were
sold to overseas gov'ts mainly Pakastan. The individual who purchased the
Sudan M-151A2 has a rather rare one as none exist in this country AFAIK. I
wonder if he plans to bring it back to this country?

Julian Burke

Also I have pasted below your response to my posting-184 MUTT:
"Julian Burke" <julianb@esper.com>