Re: [MV] Overseas shipping

From: Tim (tcb@hasher.demon.co.uk)
Date: Mon Oct 16 2000 - 04:49:55 PDT

If shipping into the UK, check with HM Customs first - find out what the
"Commodity Code" is for the goods.... there's a deal on for military kit
from the USA at the moment - depending on what it is you can actually ship
it Duty Free... I think the deal is supposed to be for current issue
stuff... but customs let me bring in a load of WW2 kit last year without any
trouble.... if the commodity code doesnt allow you to ship it duty free,
then consider a short overseas holiday if the item will fit in your
suitcase.

Regards

Tim