Re: [MV] HELP GAS IN THE OIL PAN What the dickens???

From: Richard Notton (Richard@fv623.demon.co.uk)
Date: Tue Oct 17 2000 - 01:42:42 PDT

----- Original Message -----
From: <MVTrucker@aol.com>
Sent: Tuesday, October 17, 2000 3:47 AM
Subject: [MV] HELP GAS IN THE OIL PAN What the dickens???

> Rob,
> I don't know about all of your other problems, but the oil
> in the base is being caused by a ruptured fuel pump
> diaphragm.

Took the words right out of my kbd, Joe.

The over-richness is the fuel vapour from the sump (oil pan) being drawn
back into the engine by the breather system which might simply be routed to
the air cleaner or some form of manifold pressure activated valve depending
on the vehicle layout.

Richard
Southampton - England