Re: [MV] mil joke (actual trsanscript)

From: NIGEL HAY (nigel@milweb.net)
Date: Tue Oct 17 2000 - 08:37:27 PDT

Listers may have seen this one before....

Here is the transcript of an actual radio conversation of a US naval
ship with Canadian authorities off the coast of Newfoundland in Oct. 95.

Actual radio conversation released by the Chief of Naval Operations,
10-10-95.

Americans: Please divert your course 15 degrees to the North to avoid a
collision.

Canadians: Recommend you divert YOUR course 15 degrees to the South to
avoid a collision.

Americans: This is the Captain of a US Navy ship. I say again, divert
YOUR course.

Canadians: No. I say again, you divert YOUR course.

Americans: THIS IS THE BATTLESHIP USS MISSOURI, WE ARE A LARGE
WARSHIP OF THE US NAVY. DIVERT YOUR COURSE NOW!

Canadians: This is a lighthouse. Your call.