RE: [MV] Stolen Enigma machine recovered

From: Kelly, Robert (Robert_Kelly@FCEINC.COM)
Date: Tue Oct 17 2000 - 10:55:21 PDT

Hello,

I had read in the newspaper just a few days ago that the thieves had in fact
"kidknapped" the machine and were looking for a ransom of some $36,000 or so
US for its return. I could be wrong on the amount, I am going from my rather
suspect memory.

Regardless, there was talk that the monies had been raised through a private
donation and that the machine was to be returned intact, rather that
destroyed as the criminals had threatened.

Can you corroborate or dispute this information Nigel?

Glad to hear that its back in safekeeping. Wonder how long your caustic high
profile journalist will hold onto the machine pruior to its return?

Bob K.