WWII barracks at Fort Leonard Wood.

From: OKMTRPOOL@aol.com
Date: Wed Oct 18 2000 - 11:31:07 PDT

There is an entire WWII company area set up adjacent to the U.S. Army
Engineer Museum at Fort Leonard Wood. One barracks is set up as WWII, one as
WWII POW barracks and one (just as I remembered it) set up as one during the
Vietnam unpleasantness.There is also the orderly room and supply room,
completely furnished with stuff like TA-50 and other supplies (also a
mannequin of a supply clerk sitting on his butt). Apparently, when most of
the wooden buildings at Wood were being torn down, these were occupied by
Cubans and so escaped destruction. Let's hope the musem will be able to keep
them intact.
There are also numerous buildings intact at Fort Chaffee, AR, again thanks to
the interned Cubans. Fort Chaffee was where movies like "Biloxi Blues" and "A
Soldier's Story" were filmed.
If someone is interested, I know where three class 600 barracks buildings are
for sale, ready to be moved to your site (from Oklahoma). They were used as
classrooms by the public schools and are now being discarded.