Re: [MV] Al Gore/MV?

From: Richard Notton (Richard@fv623.demon.co.uk)
Date: Thu Oct 19 2000 - 00:56:53 PDT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gavin Broad" <invest@portsmouth-mann.com>
Sent: Wednesday, October 18, 2000 8:11 PM
Subject: [MV] Al Gore/MV?

> And just which MV did Albert Gore drive in Vietnam?
> Gavin

I'm so glad you asked, Gavin; having searched my material here, including
the complete works of Vanderveen, I find nothing; perhaps he was involved in
the design policy of the vehicles of that period.

The non-registration hare is running here again in that some LVLOs are
allegedly refusing to register FV 600 series vehicles as there has
apparently been a small flurry of requests especially for FV 622's, FV 603
and FV 610 and some cleric has noticed they are 3" over the max width limit.
However, in continental Europe the limit is wider as evidenced by the droves
of 40 ton continental trucks here, this is apparently immaterial so I can
see many classes of MVs suddenly sporting French plates if it gets nasty.
Reputedly the DVLA is just about to issue directives to the LVLOs.

Richard
Southampton - England