Re: [MV] Distributor Question

From: Edward Greeley (etgreeley@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Thu Oct 19 2000 - 22:10:51 PDT

You might try a "field expedient" as a stop-gap measure until you can
find a replacement cap. Use a Dremel tool or similar, with a conical
grinding bit, and grind the carbonized track/crack out of the cap. Then,
depending on how much material was removed, you might need to fill the
crack with some non-metal bearing epoxy. Suitable stuff can be found
(usually) at model airplane hobby shops, etc.

Ed Greeley
Mobile, AL