Re: [MV] Manuals

From: DDoyle9570@aol.com
Date: Fri Oct 20 2000 - 16:49:21 PDT

I have never seen a 6x6 with a Diamond Reo engine (although such could well
exist). However, I have seen (and own) several with a Reo engine. The
engine is an OA-331 inline 6 cylinder overhead valve gasoline engine. This
is the engine Reo Motors marketed to the heavy truck market as the "Gold
Comet", as well as used in their M34/M35/M45 series of trucks. These same
trucks were also built by Studebaker in South Bend, IN. The Reo OA-331, in
addition to being built by Reo in Lansing, MI was also built by Continental
Motors.
Manuals for this series of trucks are available from Portrayal Press as well
as Memphis Equipment Co. Be sure and specify that your trucks are gas
burners rather than Multifuels.
Virtually any part of these trucks (including tires) is available from
Memphis Equipment Co. Their number is 901-774-0600.

Hope this helps,
David Doyle