RE: [MV] Knob Creek MG Shoot and MV Show

From: Gary.T.Whitlow@citicorp.com
Date: Mon Oct 23 2000 - 05:16:38 PDT

Yep, the MG shoot was a blast (no pun intended) as always. We went as well but
left Friday and didn't return until Sunday with my friends 38' Opel Blitz.
Jon's section on the range was definitly a buzz of excitement and activity as
people were crowding around in the spectator area just behind it to get a
better look at his toys.

I did talk to Charlie Lemmons of the Patton Museum and he showed me digital
pictures of a DD Sherman that was found off of the coast of Italy that the
powers to be are attempting to raise off of the bottom at this time. The way he
explained it to me was that the Italians are trying to make a public television
program out of the project. The way it sounded was that the Italians were
trying to make some money off of the deal. Don't know who has claim rights to
it as of yet but would love to see it get to live the rest of it's life at the
Patton Museum or if they were out of space they could always put it at my
place. "Honey would you mind if my friend Sherman spent some time in the shop?"
;-)

Tripp