unit markings

From: FARMNTOWN@aol.com
Date: Mon Oct 23 2000 - 20:06:58 PDT

  I'm cleaning out one of the barns that came with our new place and found a
canvas bedroll complete w/cotton duck mattress, mummy sleeping bag, and a
wool blanket all stenciled US. The groundsheet is in great condition as is
the mattress(a little musty but otherwise intact. Where could I get an idea
of the value of this stuff? I also found an old shirt and salvaged his rank
patches, inside the stripe are a pair of crossed rifles{they look to be
Springfields}. If this is too generic I apologize but its all I have to go
on. We bought the place from the last descendants widow and she moved off and
I'm trying to dig up a little background. Their family originally deeded the
place in 1857 and have been the only owners till last year.

Any help will be appreciated,

SAM
62 M-37