Re: [MV] M885 coil resistor

From: ken uhrick (kuhrick@home.com)
Date: Tue Oct 24 2000 - 23:49:38 PDT

At 11:27 PM 10/24/00 -0400, MVTrucker@aol.com wrote:
>List,
>Where is the ignition coil resistor located on a M885?
>My Dodge has some sort of a magnetic pickup instead
>of points in the distributor. Should I convert to points?
>I'm getting a very weak spark from the coil and in testing
>it, I think I screwed up the resistor because now I'm getting
>12 volts to the coil.
>Any and all help appreciated.
>Joe Young
its by the left hood hinge
    the ignition brain on mine had the reed wire over heating
the rubber plug and i had to
  wigal it to make it run pinching the copper female part of
the plug helped a lot
no trouble in 10k miles for me i keep a spare ignition coil,,resistor,,
and brain in the glove box
and have not needed tham in 10k miles
mine works fine as is the bigst head ack was that one term over
heating and cooking the rubber plug
email me if you would like more info