second ammendment rally

From: SteelSoldiers (steelsoldiers@steelsoldiers.com)
Date: Wed Oct 25 2000 - 18:18:30 PDT

Hi List,
Jay Travis asked me to pass this along to everyone because he is having
trouble posting. Please support pro-Second Amendment candidates in your
state.
Sincerely,
Chris Stansbury
Memphis, TN
webmaster, www.steelsoldiers.com
1984 M1009 CUCV
1961 M116/BCTM pioneer tool trailer
NRA Announces visit to Tennessee:

WELCOME NRA PRESIDENT CHARLTON HESTON TO TENNESSEE --

ATTEND "VOTE FREEDOM FIRST" RALLIES!!!

Dear NRA Member:

On Election Day 2000 -- November 7 -- you can make history. Tennessee is one
of
only a handful of states
that will determine the outcome of this year's critical elections and
freedom's
future in America.

Simply put, the future of the Second Amendment is at stake on November 7.

For the last big push before Election Day, we're urging you to attend one of
two free "NRA Member Get Out
The Vote" rallies featuring NRA President Charlton Heston. The rallies are
scheduled throughout Tennessee
on Wednesday, November 1, and we are honored to join him and you at each
rally.

To show your steadfast commitment to freedom, plan to attend the rally
nearest
you. And please bring a
homemade sign in support of the Second Amendment and freedom (no stakes
please). We know you
share our belief that protecting the Second Amendment and welcoming Charlton
Heston to Tennessee with
an outpouring of support is worth a couple of hours of your valuable time.

The media will cover these events heavily. Our members must turn out in full
support of our mutual efforts to
Get Out The Vote and protect the Second Amendment. The information on the
rallies is as follows:

Wednesday, November 1, 2000
12:00 Noon - 1:30 p.m.
Parker Sports Arena
737 Lovell Road
Knoxville, TN 37932
(865) 671-4467

Wednesday, November 1, 2000
6:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
Opryland Hotel - Governor's Ballroom
2800 Opryland Drive
Nashville, TN 37214-1297
(615) 889-1000

If your rights are to remain intact for your children and grandchildren,
Tennessee NRA members must turn
out at these rallies and on Election Day in droves. Nothing could be more
important! Pro-Second
Amendment candidates in Tennessee need our help, and one of the best ways to
let them know you
appreciate their support of our rights is to attend one of these free "NRA
Member Get Out The Vote" rallies.

Please join us at the rally closest to you -- directions are enclosed,
parking
is free, and refreshments will be
served. We thank you in advance for your dedication to our cherished rights,
and look forward to seeing you
in Tennessee on November 1!

Yours in freedom,

Wayne LaPierre
NRA Executive Vice President

James Jay Baker
NRA-ILA Executive Director

P.S. - For more information please call ILA Grassroots at (800) 392-VOTE
(8683).