Re: [MV] M885 coil resistor - update

From: MVTrucker@aol.com
Date: Thu Oct 26 2000 - 03:56:54 PDT

List,
More thanks to the responses to my last posting. Yes,
the rotor turns. I'm in the process of installing a new
magnetic pickup in the distributor.
What makes things a little more difficult is the fact
several vehicles, including a M1009 I bought, were
sabotaged just prior to the sale. The solenoid wire was
cut and the gauge lights were removed from the Blazer.
Luckily, I had been to the sale site a week prior to the
sale and with my NATO slave cable and universal key,
I was able to start the Blazer. The M885 was locked in
a compound area, so I couldn't get to it and try to start it,
though a "rat" could have scaled the fence to do his
dirty deeds. The auctioneer would have his crew start each
vehicle prior to bidding, so many vehicles were found to
be made nonstarters. The auctioneer was pretty upset
because he new certain vehicles were driven in and they
should have started. So far, I haven't found evidence of
cut wires in the Dodge. This was not a DRMO sale,
though I have found evience of tampering in many trucks
I've purchased at DRMO sales.
Joe Young
 http://hometown.aol.com/mvtrucker/page4.html
M101A1 trailer - only $550.