Re: [MV] M543A2 manuals

From: Brandon Kunicki (c322348@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Oct 25 2000 - 15:02:41 PDT

A couple of comments if I may!

1. Some are missing. It depends on the system. The
M151 as an obsolete system only has a couple of
manuals available, and they have all been scanned from
paper. I doubt that this is the case with the HMMWV or
other more modern systems.
2. Duplicate manuals. I don't know why that would be,
unless it was a SNAFU. Perhaps there is some confusion
on the author's part about different vehicle versions
(A1 vs. A2 vs. A3, etc.).
3. Lack of indexing. The system I work on/with
(aircraft) is a modern weapons system with a fully
electronic source. It has minimal indexing
capabilities and NO search capability at all. To ask
for this on a 2-1/2 or 5-ton truck manual may be
unreasonable since these were likely based on paper
documents (one of the 5-ton documents I reviewed
clearly was in fact scanned). As far as knowing where
to look, the military technicians are (or should have
been) trained in the use of the manuals system before
being let loose to perform repairs. These weren't
intended for "untrained" civilians....

Following are a few of the 5-Ton series manuals that
are readily available for download (I didn't bother
with the latest M809 5-Ton series- although those are
available as well):

TM 9-2320-211-10
TM 9-2320-211-10-HR
TM 9-2320-211-10-1