Re: [MV] Junkyard Dogs

From: fv74@altavista.net
Date: Fri Oct 27 2000 - 04:40:42 PDT

I picked up a 175 CFM Ingersoll-Rand air compressor with 500 hrs. showing on the clock and three jackhammers at an auction for $1,500 US. This guy was walking around telling everyone that the starter ring gear had some teeth knocked off of it and that is why it would not start. It would have gone for much more if they could have started it. I got it home, pulled the starter and checked the gear. It was OK. While I was putting the starter back in, I found a wire that had been disconnected from the fuel solenoid(diesel). After connecting the wire, the compressor fired right up. I have been using it to sand blast my jeep parts and build a 1900 foot long driveway and a house. My 1945 MB tows it quite well around the property.

Dave Fillman