April Fool!

From: Timothy Smith (timothy.smith1@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Sat Oct 28 2000 - 01:11:57 PDT

Hi list
If one of you WWII jeep owners don't take the time to build a crate and
insert your jeep (proper method of packing required) and stage a photo
(preferably in an old warehouse or farmer's barn) complete with crowbars in
your grubby little hands and BIG grins.....Oh, and some late model civilian
vehicle in the photo to show that the jeep was "found" RECENTLY.....well,
you are missing a GOLDEN opportunity to propagate an urban legend. The
photo would have to casually find it's way into the right hands to ensure it
was seen by the masses (not unwashed heathens but true MV enthusiasts). Can
you imagine all the FUSS ! ? !

Speaking of crates......I have some 1944 dated anti-tank mine crates put on
eBay (item #481719199) not perfect, but certainly worth what I'm asking. I
may also have a line on more if it looks like folks want 'em. These would
look good stacked up on a deuce or weapons carrier or even a half-track.
(this was not meant to be an advertisement...read on....) On the other hand,
if you want to build and mark your own, the photo should help you out.

Regards,
TJ